We value your rights to privacy and is dedicated to observing the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018.
This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It is a statement of our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The applicable law is the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
Please read this statement carefully to ensure you understand your rights.
About Us and What We Do
Writeme is a trading name of KDH Media Limited. KDH Media Limited is a limited liability company registered in Ireland under registered number 521492. Its registered address is 1209, 26/27 Pembroke Street Upper, Dublin, DO2X361, Republic of Ireland.
Our scope of services is limited to a) the writing, editing and proofreading of written content and/or b) communication strategy workshops. This can include conducting desktop research and interviews with your stakeholders for the purposes of obtaining material for your written project.
We may collect personal data according to, but not limited to, the following categories: contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers), financial and tax data, and correspondence by phone and/or email.
We collect this information to provide you with our services. The legal basis for the processing of your data is:
- That you have provided consent for the processing for one or more specified purposes. You may withdraw that consent at anytime;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue in providing you with the services which we have contracted to provide you with.
We will keep any personal data, information and documents relating to you or your business confidential, except where disclosure is required by law or regulation or in other exceptional circumstances. In the same way we must respect the confidentiality of information and documents which we hold for our other clients. We cannot, without their express written permission, disclose any of that material to you.
We also use professional and other services which will involve some access to files including:
- professional writers, editors and proof-readers
- communication strategists
- risk management auditors
- quality control companies
- specialist IT service providers
- IT maintenance contractors
- cloud storage providers
- external file storage companies
This allows us to manage our business properly. We always try to make sure that the provider of the services is reputable and can provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in such a way that your personal rights are protected. We require them to agree to our code of confidentiality and/or sign a written contract.
When we store files off site, whether electronic or hard copy, we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your information remains confidential.
What are your rights with respect to the processing of personal data?
Please note that you have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
The right to erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances where the processing of data was not carried out in accordance with the GDPR.
The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
The right to data portability in certain circumstances such as where the processing is based on consent, processing is necessary for the performance of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Should you feel you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, the Data Protection Commissioner:
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Co. Laois R32 AP23
By Post: KDH Media Ltd t/a Writeme
1209, 26/27 Pembroke Street Upper
Dublin, DO2X361, Republic of Ireland
Telephone: +353 (0)1 906 5114